Are You Struggling with Anxiety?
Here’s How to Receive Encouragement and Break Free from Anxiety
Breaking Free from Anxiety | What is Anxiety and How Does the Enemy Use it Against You?
Anxiety is defined as a feeling of worry or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
Anxiety is a spirit that attacks us when we are uncertain about outcomes in our lives. Oftentimes this happens when situations come up that force us to look beyond the near future. Thus, creating panic. We might think, “How will this get accomplished?”
The primary way the spirit of anxiety attacks us is when our calendars fill up and our to-do lists get long.
Ultimately, the enemy uses anxiety to steal the peace and joy in your day. He wants to place pressures on you, telling you that you should be able to do it all.
But here’s the thing: Jesus says do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself (Matthew 6:34).
This means that you should ask the Lord what He wants you to accomplish today. Surrender your to-do list to Him knowing He will provide the means to accomplish His will in any given day.
When you keep your mind set on the Lord, He will lead you to renew your mind and give you peace beyond understanding.
How to Break Free from Anxiety
Step 1: Pray. Start by asking God to reveal to you the source of your anxiety. Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you how the enemy is using your time, tasks, and activities against you.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
Once the Holy Spirit starts to reveal the truth, renounce the spirit of anxiety. Come out of agreement with it. Declare to anxiety that it will not control you. You belong to Christ, not to anxiety or your calendar.
“Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”—James 4:7-8
Step 2: Click on the resources below. We have provided a list of resources for you to use that will begin unlocking the doors that keep you trapped in the feeling of anxiety. The Lord wants to free you from this blessing blocker in order to reveal your freedom in Christ.
“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”—2 Corinthians 3:17
“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?”—1 Corinthians 6:19
Step 3: Write down insights from the resources. As you go through the various resources, write down what God is revealing to you. Journal Bible verses that remind you that you have an inheritance of liberty. Meditate on and declare verses that say that the Lord will equip you to do what He has called you to do.
- Commit to…
- Repenting of false beliefs. We all struggle with overloaded calendars and to-do lists at some point. Take a sober self-assessment and ask God if those things listed on your calendars are to build a worldly kingdom, or do they build His Kingdom. As you go through your lists with the Lord, and as the Spirit reveals to you what is part of His plan and what isn’t, repent of filling your time, tasks, and activities with worldly pleasures. Ask Him what and how to begin cutting out unnecessary items that steal your Kingdom purpose.
- Forgiving others and yourself. When we are filled with anxiety, we can blame others and ourselves for overloading our to-do lists. To move into a place of freedom, we must forgive as Christ has forgiven us (Ephesians 4:32).
Declaring God’s promises and surrender your anxiety to the Lord. You’ve felt as if your plate is too full. This is from the enemy. God says that your cup runneth over. This means that God gives you more than enough to meet your needs. Declare this promise today. Remind the enemy that God has control of your time, tasks, and activities. And when you surrender those to Him and resist the enemy, the enemy must leave (James 4:7).
Resources to Help You Break Free from Anxiety
- When Anxiety Gets the Best of You— Anxiety and fear can be completely debilitating. Yes, we’ve all experienced those times of nervousness, but it is when these two dark forces come together and blind you from any hope of a future living in freedom, that is the time for a breakthrough. Read the full article HERE…
- Peace I Leave with You— Considering that the word ‘peace’ is mentioned hundreds of times, God must surely deem it important. There are many reasons for this importance that we may explore, but it is through the benefits that we might perhaps understand it best. Read the full article HERE…
- Is My Spiritual Identity Being Stolen from Me?— As Believers, we have a high calling in life. We are called to be peacemakers in the midst of chaos, light bearers in utter darkness, speakers of truth where only there are lies. It’s easy… in theory. Life can take over and fear sets in. Read the full article HERE…
Words of Encouragement When You Feel Anxious
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”—Philippians 4:6-7
- “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? … Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? … For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.’”—Matthew 6: 25, 27, 32
- “In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.”—Psalm 94:19
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”—Proverbs 3:5-6
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”—Matthew 11:28
From the verses above, you can see how important it is to surrender your anxieties to the Lord. Remind yourself, and the enemy, that through prayer and supplication we can submit our time, tasks, and activities to the Lord, and He will give us peace.
Decide today to trade your anxiety for the peace of the Lord!
“’Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.’”—John 14:27
- Don’t forget to check out the resources above. Our mission is to help you grow stronger in the Lord by claiming the inheritance you have as a spiritual descendant of Abraham through Christ.
- God has given you an abundant life. Isn’t it time you reclaim it? Don’t go through another day feeling hopeless. Start filling your mind with the truth and life (Philippians 4:8).
I have more questions. Where do I go?
Transform Your Weaknesses— Uncover biblical truth that will empower you to overcome your weaknesses and glorify God.
One New Man Guide— Understand the message of the One New Man (Ephesians 2:14-16). It takes you deep into the Hebraic roots of your faith, revealing the inheritance you have in Christ.
Live Stream— Receive the encouragement you need every week through our Live Stream. The messages will give you direction and provide prophetic insights in the ways you should go (Psalm 32:8-10).
1-on-1 Prayer with Our Prayer Team
If you would like prayer, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team and be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.