Are You Struggling with Anger?
Here’s How to Receive Encouragement and Break Free from Anger
Breaking Free from Anger | What is Anger and How Does the Enemy Use it Against You?
Anger is defined as a strong feeling of annoyance or hostility. Anger is a generational spirit that tends to attack the family line.
What does that mean? It means, if we are an angry person, we can likely look back through our family history and find that anger repeated itself through the generations.
Anger is derived from a need to resolve problems and bring justice, often as we see fit, not according to God’s view.
“There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.”—Proverbs 16:25
This is why anger is so expensive. It often costs us the peace in relationships and within our souls.
The enemy uses it much like he does pride. He will convince you to respond out of your emotions when you hear something you do not like. Consider this: When everything you hear is filtered through your emotions; you are doomed for destruction.
Ultimately, the enemy uses the spirit of anger to steal your peace and self-control. As we know, they are fruits of the Spirit, which are given to us so that we may spiritually prosper. If we don’t have a spirit of peace and self-control, we will not thrive.
“Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret—it only causes harm.”—Psalm 37:8-9
How to Break Free from Anger
Step 1: Pray. Start by asking God to reveal to you the source of your anger. Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you how the enemy is using your emotions against you.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
Once the Holy Spirit starts to reveal the truth, renounce the spirit of anger. Break the assignment that generational anger has on your family. The assignment can be broken; and it can start with you.
Step 2: Click on the resources below. We have provided a list of resources for you to use that will begin unlocking the doors that keep you trapped in the feeling of anger. The Lord wants to free you from this blessing blocker in order to reveal the spiritual gift of self-control so that you may begin to prosper.
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”—2 Timothy 1:7
Step 3: Write down insights from the resources. As you go through the various resources, write down what God is revealing to you. Journal Bible verses that remind you that you have an inheritance of peace, self-control, and gentleness. Declare them regularly. Remember, in consistency lies the victory!
- Commit to…
- Repenting of false beliefs. We have all had words spoken to us that provoked anger. However, we need to repent of believing that our perceptions are the truth. The truth is that the Lord has given you patience, wisdom, and self-control. You are to respond, not react, to difficult situations. Your first response can be prayer. Give your anger to God and He will give you peace in return.
- Forgiving others and yourself. When we are filled with anger, we tend to blame others, and even ourselves. We blame others for causing us to be angry. We can blame ourselves for our reactions in times of stress. But God is faithful to forgive, and we too can forgive offenses. We all have a responsibility to activate the spirit of gentleness and self-control. Ask the Lord to begin this transformation in your life today.
Declaring God’s promises and speaking life. The Word says that the power of life and death is in the tongue (Proverbs 18:21). Angry words choke out life. So, speak words that bring life and encouragement. “Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”—Proverbs 16:24
Resources to Help You Break Free from Anger
- Anger | The Good, Bad, and Ugly— We’ve all experienced it… anger. We’ve all been on the receiving end of it, and we’ve all had times we wish we could undo because of it. What does it really mean to manage our anger and emotions? Should we even get angry? Is that a sin? How do we deal with this ever so present emotion when it rears its head? Read the Full Article Here…
- What Is Righteous Anger in the Bible— Anger is one of the most challenging emotions to overcome. Many of us wonder if—and hope that—this all-consuming emotion will one day not have the power over us that it seems to possess in so many situations. Read the Full Article Here…
- How Do I Deal with My Emotions?— We are called to be salt and light to a broken world. The fruits of the Spirit are often the very opposite of how a struggling world deals with difficult emotions. Jesus Himself was the perfect example of this, as He chose to lay down His life as an act of love, toward a hateful and sinful world. Read the Full Article Here…
Words of Encouragement When You Are Angry
- “Be angry, and do not sin’: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.”—Ephesians 4:26-27
- “Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.”—Proverbs 21:23
- “The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, and his glory is to overlook a transgression.”—Proverbs 19:11
- “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ…”—2 Corinthians 10:4-5
- “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”—John 16:33
From the verses above, you can see how important it is to activate the spirit of self-control when dealing with anger. Because you are a new creation in Christ, the spirit of power, love, and self-control belong to you. You can break free from anger.
Decide today to trade your anger for the peace of the Lord!
“’Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”—John 14:27
- Don’t forget to check out the resources above. Our mission is to help you grow stronger in the Lord by claiming the inheritance you have as a spiritual descendant of Abraham through Jesus Christ.
- God has given you an abundant life. Isn’t it time you reclaim it? Don’t go through another day feeling angry. Start filling your mind with the truth and life (Philippians 4:8)
I have more questions. Where do I go?
Transform Your Weaknesses— Uncover biblical truth that will empower you to overcome your weaknesses and glorify God.
One New Man Guide— Understand the message of the One New Man (Ephesians 2:14-16). It takes you deep into the Hebraic roots of your faith, revealing the inheritance you have in Christ.
Live Stream— Receive the encouragement you need every week through our Live Stream. The messages will give you direction and provide prophetic insights in the ways you should go (Psalm 32:8-10).
1-on-1 Prayer with Our Prayer Team
If you would like prayer, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team and be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.