Help your children better understand God’s appointed time of Rosh Hashanah. The apple craft gives them an opportunity to use their creativity as an open door to have a deeper encounter with the new beginnings and sweetness of God.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”—Proverbs 22:6
List of supplies needed:
- coffee filter (1 per apple)
- red/yellow/green markers
- spray water bottle
- construction paper apple template
Step by Step instructions:
MAKE AN APPLE…
- Cut out an apple shape from colored construction paper. Then cut out the middle.
- Color a coffee filter with colorful marking pens.
- Spray water on the coffee filter to mix colors.
- Hang the coffee filter up to dry.
- Glue the coffee filter to the apple shape cut out in step 1
DISPLAY YOUR APPLE DECORATION!
Tip: Hang your apple on a window to let the light shine through.