Do You Have a Loved One Who Struggles with Addiction?
Is Someone You Know Battling Addiction?
Nearly every family battles addiction in their family line in some way. This robbing assignment from the enemy has an impact on mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and children. To cancel this assignment, we must go back to the roots.
Through prayer, you can enter into the Courts of Heaven and agree with God that this assignment, which has its roots in the garden, will be cut off from your family line.
Boldly approach the throne of grace and find mercy in your time of need (Hebrews 4:16).
The enemy uses this evil assignment to tear apart families and cause destruction. God is in the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:17-19).
You can come into agreement with His assignment today. While it is the Holy Spirit’s assignment to change hearts, you can certainly pray in agreement with the Spirit as He works.
“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
How to Break the Assignment of Addiction for Your Loved One
Step 1: Start by praying in agreement with the Holy Spirit. As mentioned, the ministry of God is reconciliation. He wants humanity to be reconciled to Him. Therefore, you can pray that the enemy’s assignment of destruction is cut off, and the Holy Spirit’s assignment of reconciliation is manifested.
“Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation…”—2 Corinthians 5:18
Step 2: Check out the resources below. We’ve developed resources for you to use during your personal time. Use them as a springboard and ask the Holy Spirit to guide as you fulfill your ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18) by praying for your loved one.
Step 3: Meditate and declare God’s Word. The only way to overcome the enemy is with the Word. If you want to break the assignment that addiction has on your loved one, start every day by declaring a life-giving Word. The Bible tells us that the sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. The sword cuts off the assignment.
Being confident in the Word allows you to use it effectively. If you are having difficulty believing God’s Word, pray for faith to be activated today!
- “Jesus said to him, ‘If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.’ Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, ‘Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!'”—Mark 9:23-24
Resources for You to Begin Breaking the Assignment of Addiction on Your Family
- How to Cope with a Loved One’s Addiction
If you are coping with an addiction of any kind within your family, you understand the heavy burden it places on the entire family unit. The issue isn’t isolated to the person suffering, but places an emotional, spiritual, and physical strain on those around them.
Often, those who daily face a loved one’s addiction problem feel alone, frustrated, and are at a loss as to where to begin to help them heal. Read the Full Article Here…
- Spiritual Warfare: What is it and How do I Know if I’m in a Spiritual Battle?
Spiritual warfare is a Christian concept of the ongoing fight against supernatural evil forces. There are many forms of spiritual warfare, including prayer, decrees, and declarations, fasting, laying on of hands, and anointing with oil. Read the Full Article Here…
- HOPE: A Review with Curt Landry
If you are in a season of having to wait… don’t quit! Many times people get tired of waiting, but if you will stay on the bridge of hope… eventually the promise will come! Read the Full Article Here…
Words of Encouragement
Here is a list of Bible verses for you to meditate on and to declare today…
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.”—Psalm 28:7
- “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”—John 14:27
- “But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.”—1 Peter 5:10
- “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”—Matthew 11:28-30
Look for an email in your inbox tomorrow. It will discuss how your emotions can rob your inheritance. But they don’t have to…
We will provide you with additional resources and support as you continue to come on your journey of breaking the assignment of the enemy.
The Bible tells us to pray in the Spirit for all people. We want to come into agreement with this assignment for you today.
I pray hope, peace, and love are released in your life. I speak, “Shalom, Shalom,” over you.
“… praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints…”—Ephesians 6:18
I Have More Questions. Where Do I Go?
- Download the FREE One New Man Guide that answers questions about the feasts, the Jewish calendar, and more.
- Watch our service’s weekly LIVE stream and gain more insights about your covenant relationship with the Lord.
- Discover how God wants to use you for His Kingdom by unlocking your Godly Strengths.
1-on-1 Prayer with Our Freedom Prayer Team
If you need prayer that helps you break the assignment of the enemy, please schedule a 1-on-1 personal prayer appointment with our prayer team. Be encouraged as you receive direction and revelation.