We are excited as the Live Free! RPMI Partner and Friends Conference grows closer! Curt Landry will join Pastor Ronnie Phillips and other dynamic speakers at Abba’s House in Chattanooga, Tennessee on September 16, 2018, at 10:30 AM ET. They will encourage you to take steps to live free and embrace the promises of God in every area of your life!
Do you remember the last time you had a real encounter with the Holy Spirit? When you were so filled with the Spirit of God, it was indescribable… when being in His very presence was magnificent, life-changing, and transforming? It was because of that very real experience, you knew that you would never be the same.
As Believers, we may at times get into a daily grind when even our morning devotional and prayer time feels like something is lacking. It's as if your mind understands the words you are reading and the prayers you are saying, but they are not penetrating into your innermost being.
You need a life-changing encounter! A fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit!
Learning from our Jewish roots about encounters with God…
We might think of encounters with the Holy Spirit as supernatural events that have only occurred after the death and resurrection of Jesus, as when the Spirit came upon the early Believers on the day of Pentecost…
“When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”—Acts 2:1-4
The pouring out of the Holy Spirit on the first-century Believers was truly an important life-changing event. It's equally important that we, as third-day Believers, fully understand the significance of this event within the framework of the Jewish roots of our faith. But, the further we travel down the corridor of time, the more our man-made traditions and human nature interfere to make us forget our foundation.
We live in a world where historical events are often replaced with situations in the here and now, causing us to eventually forget our past—forgetting what was once well known. While it is true that some things are better forgotten—like the sins of our past—we are never to forget…
- Who the Sovereign God is…
- What He has delivered us from…
- How He has given us a new identity…
We need encounters with our loving Heavenly Father, who so richly and freely pours out His Spirit on us and through us. We need to see and understand the past roots of our faith to walk in the richness of those encounters today.
In our Jewish roots:
We see from our spiritual forefathers that God instructed them to keep divine appointments, called moeds in Hebrew. These yearly moeds were actually celebrated by early Believers and served as consistent reminders of those three things listed above.
God’s Word tells us that these moeds are the Lord’s Feasts—Passover (Pesach), Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Pentecost (Shavuot), Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah), Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), and Tabernacles (Sukkot)—appointed times that we are to keep and remember!
“And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, ‘Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: “The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts…These are the feasts of the Lord, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times.”’”—Leviticus 23:1-2, 4
When we carefully study the scriptures, as the Bereans did (see Acts 17:11), we see the importance of purposeful appointments with God that position us for divine encounters with the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament:
The role of the Holy Spirit has always been the same yesterday, today, and forever. God does not change. Therefore, we see His anointing presence in the earth and on those who have faithfully sought Him even in ancient times.
The Spirit of God hovered above the waters at the beginning, during creation.
- “The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.”—Genesis 1:2
The Holy Spirit came upon various leaders of the Jewish people with supernatural power and anointing.
- “And the Lord said to Moses: ‘Take Joshua the son of Nun with you, a man in whom is the Spirit, and lay your hand on him; set him before Eleazar the priest and before all the congregation, and inaugurate him in their sight.’”—Numbers 27:18-19
- “…Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb’s younger brother. The Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he judged Israel. He went out to war, and the Lord delivered Cushan-Rishathaim king of Mesopotamia into his hand…”—Judges 3:9-10
- “But the Spirit of the Lord came upon Gideon; then he blew the trumpet, and the Abiezrites gathered behind him.”—Judges 6:34
- “…and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward.”—1 Samuel 16:13
These ancient kings and leaders of the Jewish people—those in whom we are grafted for our inheritance—had a visitation from the Spirit of the living God.
These encounters renewed their spirit and enabled them to conquer, prevail, and take back the freedom that was promised to them!
Now it’s your turn!
The fact is, some Believers are ready to take a deeper step in their faith journey, while others feel trapped by fear. But don’t let fear, doubt, and unbelief steal your blessing!
Every single child of God is promised a life of freedom! If you need a personal word from God and the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit—the same anointing that your Jewish ancestors experienced—for a breakthrough in your life, the Live Free! RPMI Conference is a Spirit-filled experience to help you do just that.
- You are ready for a turning point in your life…
- You want divine direction…
- You need to meditate and soak in His presence…
…then, God is calling you to renew your spirit in Him!
- “…and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.”—Ephesians 4:23-24
- “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”—Isaiah 40:31
God has something specific and divine written in the books of Heaven just for you. He invites you to make today a turning point in your life. The time has come to make a choice… will you step out in faith and Live Free! in the presence of God?
Receive a fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit and find
passion, purpose, and freedom!
“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.”—Colossians 3:23-24